Pitt Delta Chi Committees
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Associate Member Program

Go down

Associate Member Program Empty Associate Member Program

Post  Jilan Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:06 am

Major Events

1. Associate Member Meetings
a. Associate Members (AMs) have a weekly meeting on Sundays, which is divided into 3 different sections: The first portion will be a quiz on material the AMs will be required to learn during the week previous to each quiz. The AMs will have plenty of opportunities to consult the AMC or JAMC with questions or concerns on the material during weekly required study hours and AM dinner. The quiz will be on Delta Chi business and operational information. The second portion of each meeting will focus on what it means to be a Delta Chi and how one should conduct himself as such. The second section of the meeting will focus on the given theme for that week, in terms of education, and proper conduct of a Delta Chi. The final section of each meeting will be to periodically introduce and discuss the planning of AM program events and goals (e.g. House improvement project, Sorority luncheon, Big Brother Ceremony, etc.). This section will also give time for AMs to ask questions and to discuss and concerns or comments with the Program.
2. Biographers
a. This activity introduces AMs to each other. They pair off and describe themselves to their partner. Afterwards, the partner describes the AM they interviewed to all the AMs.
3. AM Composite
a. A composite of the AMs that will be emailed to the Alumni and Brothers
4. House Improvement Project
a. The AM class comes up with a project to improve the house. Past projects include picnic tables, benches, and painting of the kitchen. The project is an opportunity for the class to create a physical connection with our house.
5. Sorority New Member Event
a. The AM class plans a luncheon with a sorority new member class of their choosing. They prepare a gourmet meal and dine according to rules of proper etiquette.
6. AM Nights
a. There will be 2 AM nights each week. One night will consist of a weekly dinner on campus. The other night will be to attend the study hour session held once a week for at least one hour out of 2 hours.
7. AM Goal
a. The AMs set a goal in philanthropy, fundraising, community service, or recruitment. Throughout the semester they will work to achieve their goal by participation in events and efforts planned by the brothers or of their own creation.

Educators

1. The AM class will have a secondary educator responsible for assisting the AMC and JAMC with executing the AM program.
a. The secondary educator will be a sister of one of Collegiate Panhellenic Association sororities.
b. The secondary educator’s involvement with the Associate Member Program is limited to what is outlined in the Associate Member Program.
c. The secondary educator will be responsible for attending AM nights and some of the required AM meetings as decided by the AMC.
d. The secondary educator will abide by the rules of Delta Chi Law, the Chapter’s by-laws, FIPG, and University of Pittsburgh Rules and Regulations, when interacting with Delta Chi and its members.
e. The secondary educator will assist the AMC in leading the AM meetings during weeks three (3) and five (5) specifically.

General Associate Member Requirements

1. Meetings
a. Associate Members are required to attend each meeting outlined in this Program.
b. Associate Members are required to attend all Chapter meetings.
c. Associate Members are required to attend all AM nights.
2. Excuses
a. An Associate Member may be excused from a required meeting or event if they submit an excuse to either the AMC or the JAMC prior to the event or meeting being missed.
i. NB: An Associate Member’s mental/physical health and sound academic performance will carefully be considered when judging whether or not an excuse is valid. In other words, an Associate Member cannot miss a required meeting or event simply because they do not want to go. If they are mentally or physically ill, that would be a legitimate excuse. If an Associate Member must miss a required event or meeting due to school work, that will also be a legitimate excuse.
3. Discipline
a. 11 Basic Expectation cards
i. If an Associate Member exhibits behavior that violates one of the 11 basic expectations, they will be given a card by the AMC with the violated expectation written on it. The AMC will explain to the Associate Member how they violated the expectation, and the card will function as a challenge for the Associate Member to correct the behavior in question.
ii. The AMC will follow up with an Associate Member at least one week after a card has been given. The purpose of this follow up will be to ask the Associate Member what they have done to correct their behavior and honor their violated expectation.
iii. Brothers may submit reports of Associate Members violating one of the 11 basic expectations to the AMC or JAMC. If a valid violation of an expectation is reported, the AMC will be required to follow up with the Associate Member in question.
Associate Member Officers

I. The Associate Member class will have five (5) officer positions that will be decided by elections during the 2nd AM meeting. The positions are:
a. President
i. Responsible for organizing meetings among the Executive Board. The President will also work closely with the AMC and JAMC to make sure that AM requirements are being met. The President will also act as a correspondent to the general Chapter and he will report on the progress and general information pertaining to Associate Member projects.
b. Vice President
i. Responsible for overseeing the Recruitment Chair, Special Events Chair, and Service Chair in order to ensure that all projects goals are being met.
c. Recruitment Chair
i. Responsible for generating an AM class names list and working with the Chapter Recruitment Chair in order to prepare for rush in the following semester.
d. Special Events Chair
i. Responsible for organizing the sorority luncheon and any other official class events.
e. Service Chair
i. Responsible for organizing the AM class project.

AM Retreat 1/27
1. Expectations and purpose of the program
2. Biographers
3. Maze Activity
a. Post activity discussion
4. Leaning Tower
5. Discuss AM Composite
6. Meeting Time
7. Introduce Officer Positions
a. Elections during first meeting
8. Business
a. Requirements and Procedures
b. Big Brothers
c. Discuss House Improvement Project
d. AM Nights
i. 2 times a week
e. Discuss community Service, Philanthropy or Fundraising Goal
9. Important Dates
a. Associate Member Ceremony 1/28
b. New Member Conference 2/10
c. Pre-I-Week, I-Week & Initiation
d. Brotherhood Retreat

Week One 1/28-2/3
1. Meeting (Theme: What is the point of a fraternity?)
2. Guest Speakers: Recruitment Chair and the “F”
a. The Recruitment Chair will discuss the importance of dynamic recruitment, the names list, and rush.
b. The “F” will discuss the Risk Management Policy in the Chapter’s by-laws, FIPG, and safety.
c. Education
i. Overview of Fraternity History – Points of Discussion
1. Founding of first fraternity
2. Purpose of founding
3. What sets apart fraternity men from non-fraternity men?
4. What are the goals of a fraternity?
d. Homework emailed
e. Big Brother Ceremony 2/3
i. After Chapter Meeting
f. AM class elections
g. Introduce Chair Program – Information will also be posted
h. Questions

Week Two 2/4-2/10
1. Meeting (Theme: Delta Chi founding history and important events)
a. Quiz 1 – Preamble
i. Education – Points of Discussion
i. History of Founding
ii. Notable Events
iii. What makes Delta Chi unique?
iv. Convention – Purpose
v. RLC – Purpose
b. Homework emailed
c. Discuss AM class goal
d. Distribute Chair survey for Associate Members
e. Questions

Week Three 2/11-2/17
1. Event: In The Light
2. Meeting (Theme: Etiquette)
a. Quiz 2 - Important dates and significant events of Delta Chi History and Founders
b. Education – Points of Discussion
i. Etiquette as a gentlemen
ii. The secondary educator will conduct an etiquette workshop
1. Discuss “do’s” and “don’ts” of social interactions
2. What do girls expect?
3. How should you conduct yourself as a Delta Chi around women?
4. How should a gentleman treat a woman?
c. Homework emailed
d. Discuss House Improvement Project
e. Decide AM class goal
f. Questions

Week Four 2/18-2/24
1. Meeting (Theme: The 11 Basic Expectations)
a. Quiz 3 – International Officers and Chapter Officers
i. Go over 11 basic expectations
ii. Discuss their significance for behavior as a Delta Chi
iii. Discuss why the 11 basic expectations are necessary
c. Homework emailed
d. Decide House Improvement Project goal.
e. Discuss the Sorority Luncheon.
f. Questions

Week Five 2/25-3/3
1. Event: Questions and Impressions
2. Meeting (Theme: Greek Life At Pitt)
a. Quiz 4 – Greek Alphabet and Memorize 3 of the 11 basic expectations
i. Explain IFC/PanHel
ii. How does Greek Life affect change at Pitt?
iii. What is our role on campus?
iv. Interacting with other Greeks
v. Is Greek Life necessary at Pitt?
c. Homework emailed
d. Decide final details for Sorority Luncheon.
e. Questions

Week Six 3/4-3/9
1. Meeting (Theme: Delta Chi Meeting procedure and operation )
2. Quiz 5 – Name each IFC Fraternity, PanHel Sorority, and Greek Advisors
a. Education – Points of Discussion
i. Guest Speaker - Parliamentarian
1. Discuss Robert’s Rules
2. Meeting Procedure
3. What are the Chapter by-laws comprised of?
a. Ex: The Attendance Policy
4. Discuss Delta Chi Law
b. Homework emailed
c. Check on progress of AM program projects and requirements
d. Questions

Spring Break 3/10 – 3/17

Off-Week 3/18 – 3/23

No events or regularly scheduled requirements as outlined by this Program will apply to this week.

Meeting Seven 3/24
1. Meeting (Theme: Initiation and Ritual)
2. Quiz 6 – Open-ended reflection on experiences and accomplishments
a. Education – Points of Discussion
i. Ritual
1. Write your own ritual. Associate Members will share their ideas.
2. Discuss the importance of having a ritual
3. What do you think a fraternity ritual should be?
4. Why do fraternities need a ritual?
ii. AMs discuss what they would like to do for the final meeting after taking the final
iii. Paddles for Big Brothers
b. Homework emailed (Emailing out necessary info for the final exam)
c. Discuss paddle party and give the date and time
d. Questions

Week Eight 3/25-3/31
1. Event: Anonymous
2. Meeting
a. Final Exam
i. Complete any planning
b. Pass the Gavel (share favorite experiences during process)
c. Announcements
i. I-Week next week
1. I-Week Progression
a. Alumni Night, Rock and Candle, Strings, Death of a Fraternity
ii. I-weekend
1. Initiation on Saturday, 4/6

Jilan

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum