Pitt Delta Chi Committees
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orders of Business

2 posters

Go down

Orders of Business Empty Orders of Business

Post  Andrew Coxon Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:22 am

Facebook wasn't working so it's here:

Ok a few orders of business: 1) answer the poll I put up on the Facebook page.

2) with regards to brotherhood retreat, we will be cooking our own food (we can use their kitchens). I need someone to help me price out a rough cost of food for about 40 people: 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, and 1 dinner. I'm thinking for breakfast something on the order of pancakes, eggs, and bacon; lunch, sandwiches; and dinner burgers and dogs (or wings). If we could keep this under $200 I would be very happy. Does restaurant depot have deals for bulk food? Joe, if you wouldn't mind (I understand that you do food stuff a lot for DX and you have a lot of responsibility with e-board), I would really appreciate it if you were my right hand man on this one. Zach, Wearden, and Phil, I would really appreciate you helping out Joe with this.

3) I need a few ideas for activities. I'm thinking a scavenger hunt (between families), CTF, and s'mores at night. Jilan, Clay, Brandon, Drake, and Mitchell- could you guys brainstorm a few things we could do? Anyone else is welcome to pitch in.

4) Jamie and Andy, would you guys be able to help me out with coordinating drivers? I sent out the two surveys (1 for drivers and 1 for passengers), and I'll just wait on those responses until we get the ball rolling with it.

5) Everyone else, ideas for the end of February (in a couple of weeks) would be awesome. Something simple and free that people would enjoy doing. I'll keep an ear out to see what campus wide program that RSA/PPC is putting on, and see if we can piggy back onto any of those. For now, keep the ideas flowing.

The brotherhood events this weekend went well. Thanks for all your work,
Andrew

Andrew Coxon

Back to top Go down

Orders of Business Empty Re: Orders of Business

Post  Brandon Barndt Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:14 pm

First, Andrew, you had me at S'Mores (It is a little know secret that one of my favorite snack foods of all time is a good S'More). Second, is Restaurant Depot cheaper than CostCo? As for the CTF and Scavenger Hunt, I would totally be down for both, but we would need a little bit of a better idea of what the locale looks like. I am assuming yes, but it is hard to know for sure. A scavenger hunt could definitely be done as well, but would it be down more in the woods, a field, etc.? I mean, if we knew a lot about the surrounding area, you could have the teams try to capture pictures of and/or bring certain items/animals/plants back to camp in order to win.

Also, I am going to be telling the Associate Members about the Retreat tonight at their dinner - which you should totally come to, as you could explain the concept a lot better than I can - in Market at 7:30.

Brandon Barndt

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum